Data Operations Representative
Department – Operations/Administration
Reports to – Administration Department Manager
Classification - Nonexempt
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work -This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm ET.
The data operations representative position is responsible for maintenance and organization of files, data importing and entry to maintain data through applications/systems and spreadsheets and paper forms, data extracting from systems/applications and formatting, and related discrepancy research. This position is responsible for accuracy, efficiency, processing and retrieval of data.
Additional responsibilities include scanning of documents and other department assistance. The data operations representative also provides excellent customer service by interacting with internal team members and clients or business partners through phone calls and email.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain, organize, and generate data files in various formats on routine schedules or as needed
- Search for and investigate information contained in files
- Perform daily data imports and entry using spreadsheets and similar data file sources
- Perform data entry of paper applications
- Review discrepancies in data received, request clarification and perform data verification routines according to department standards
- Run and format client data reports per routine schedule or as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients or designated contacts, and internal team members, for issues related to data operations and files
- Maintain confidentiality
- Interacts with department team members on matters affecting data
- Scan documents using copy/scan machine
- Assist other department team members as needed
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills Proficiency
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Technical Proficiency
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organization and ability to multitask and prioritize
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED, and further applicable education or equivalent experience.
- Six months or more prior work experience in an office environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction and decimals.
- Ability to read workplace rules and procedures, speak with poise and confidence, using correct English.
- Technical ability and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel, software and computer applications, and file skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two years prior work experience in an office environment preferred.
- Associate’s degree in related degree program.
- Prior work experience with tax-advantaged accounts and benefit plans, insurance, and/or claims preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and database applications including formatting, macros and formulas.
If interested, please send a copy of your resume to HumanResources@chard-snyder.com.