Am I allowed to change the amount I am contributing to my dependent daycare account?
In these instances the IRS allows you to change the amount you put into the dependent daycare account. Your Human Resources office will need to approve any changes.
- A dependent becomes eligible (example, becomes impaired)
- A dependent is no longer eligible (example, having their 13th birthday)
- You add dependents to your home (birth, adoption, marriage to a spouse with eligible dependents)
- You lose dependents (death, foster child returns to parent)
- You change to a different daycare provider that charges more or less
- You or your spouse change work or school hours which changes the hours that care is needed
- You are divorced and your child moves in with the other parent
- You are taking FMLA leave
Still Have Questions?
If we have not answered your questions, don’t worry. Please contact customer service for more information.