What is a qualifying COBRA event?
There are 5 events that are considered "qualifying"
- The death of a covered employee
- The termination of an employee (not considered gross misconduct); or the reduction of hours, of a covered employee's employment
- The divorce or legal separation of a covered employee from the employee's spouse
- A covered employee becoming entitled to Medicare benefits under title XVIII of the Social Security Act
- A dependent child ceasing to be a dependent child of the covered employee under the generally applicable requirements of a plan and a loss of coverage occurs
Still Have Questions?
If we have not answered your questions, don’t worry. Please contact customer service for more information.